Awesome tool - inev...

Awesome tool - inevitable question time  

RSS

(@paulinventome)
20/09/2019 9:40 am  

Hi Mads,

This is awesome work!

Couple of questions

1. I assume you cannot merge emitters together, so to have multiples of these renders in a scene means comping them together? Or is there a work flow with merging the 2D Data? Sounds like i'd need a huge source image - is there any efficiency benefit from a huge source vs multiple point renderers?

2. Does the renderer cull what's not seen fast? (see below)

3. One thing i'm looking at doing is the camera moving through an evolving scene. Now i could set up a plane, and animate the camera moving through but over 4000 frames it would mean a lot of data behind the camera. So i thought perhaps i could have a plane and tie its transform to the camera and then have the plane  evolve through a fractal as it flies along with the cam. This kind of works, but i don't believe i would get any motion blur or at least no motion from the large camera movement as the plane and cam aren't moving in relation to each other.

4. Is there any more docs forthcoming about the various node parameters? There are some controls i'm not 100% with what they do yet!

cheers
Paul

mads
(@mads)
Member Admin
10/10/2019 7:07 pm  
Posted by: paulinventome

Hi Mads,

This is awesome work!

Couple of questions

1. I assume you cannot merge emitters together, so to have multiples of these renders in a scene means comping them together? Or is there a work flow with merging the 2D Data? Sounds like i'd need a huge source image - is there any efficiency benefit from a huge source vs multiple point renderers?

2. Does the renderer cull what's not seen fast? (see below)

3. One thing i'm looking at doing is the camera moving through an evolving scene. Now i could set up a plane, and animate the camera moving through but over 4000 frames it would mean a lot of data behind the camera. So i thought perhaps i could have a plane and tie its transform to the camera and then have the plane  evolve through a fractal as it flies along with the cam. This kind of works, but i don't believe i would get any motion blur or at least no motion from the large camera movement as the plane and cam aren't moving in relation to each other.

4. Is there any more docs forthcoming about the various node parameters? There are some controls i'm not 100% with what they do yet!

cheers
Paul

Cheers!

1) One of the new nodes in the 1.1 update is a point merge node. That will let you merge two node streams (think append)

2) It does cull in point render mode, but not with wire and facet rendering. This is something that i am working on and should be introduced in 1.2

3) Can you provide an example scene?

4) Yes, 1.1 will ship with some new video tutorials, all of the parameters have been tooltiped, and all of the nodes have a small help section to get people going.

ReplyQuote
Share: